Brian Littleton's Web Notebook
[The] problem with Mr. Vite's argument is that he got his bill last year... the one he wanted, the one he pushed for, and the one he said would bring fairness (along with $150 million dollars) to Illinois.
The above article is full of quotes from David Vite (President of IRMA) claiming that Illinois still suffers from a non-level playing field with regards to online sales tax.
Problem with Mr. Vite's argument is that he got his bill last year... the one he wanted, the one he pushed for, and the one he said would bring fairness (along with $150 million dollars) to Illinois.
We were the ones that argued that the bill would...
1. Not work.
2. Not create a level playing field.
3. Be ruled unconstitutional (which it was)
4. Bring no real revenue to the State (which it has not)
5. Harm Affiliate Marketers in Illinois (which it has).
Points 1 thru 5 are now proven fact.
If Mr. Vite and IRMA are now recognizing that their bill did not work as they hoped - maybe it is time for IRMA to help us repeal this pointless bill in Illinois, and help us support Senator Dick Durbin (IL) in Washington, D.C. put through the Federal solution which is the only way to solve this problem.
1. Seen a loss in income due to their bill
2. Supported Senator Durbin in a Federal solution.
3. Been correct on every factual point.
When IRMA is ready to help repeal this bill and help get something done at the Federal level - my email is firstname.lastname@example.org and we look forward to working together to solve this problem.